Thursday, September 27, 2012

"one of you will be the winner,


and one of you will be chopped."

...is a line that they say during a really good television show.
It is also a line that pertains to this salad that I'm obsessed with because it is a chopped salad, and when I eat it, I am a winner.

Nice.  Nice transition.  That's some real writing major ish.


One quick thing before I get to the salad.  Today I bought hot coffee for the first time since April.

It was really very sad.  I don't really like hot coffee and I have an amorous passion for iced coffee.

An iced coffee love song exists, but I've only heard tell of it and have never heard it proper.
Otherwise I'd sing it for you now.

A thought that makes me sad.

Okokok enough.  Salad.

Pea Salad with Tahini Dressing

12 oz snap peas, chopped
1 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/2 cup chopped walnut bits, toasted
shredded parmesan
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons tahini
1-2 tablespoons honey
1-3 tablespoons water, olive oil, or a combo
salt and pepper to taste

Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl.

Mash garlic and lemon juice in a small bowl with a fork or use a mortar and pestle if you're fancyfancy to make a paste.  Mix in tahini, and then honey and water/olive oil/both depending on your desired sweetness and consistency.  Pour over salad and toss to coat.

A great side, a great lunch, good thing this makes a lot cuz you'll want it for breakfast tomorrow (done it, and its totally still good in the AM).

No comments:

Post a Comment